SofasFurniture

Reattaching Arm on Reclining Sofa

I like my leather recliner sofa. It's in good shape except for one arm that separated from the frame! The reclining mechanism continues to work. Can we repair this or does it needs professional help?

The arm looks broken to me. You will need to have it fixed professionally.

You might be able to DIY here is a video www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJBikr0R7ew

Your DIY repair may depend on how it got separated from the frame.

• If it is broken (cannot really tell from your photo) then you will probably need a professional to do the repair.
  • Th u-tube link given for "how to" is for a chair and may not be suitable for a sofa as I cannot see any DIY being able to turn the sofa over and it looks pretty complicated to me (but then I am not much of a repair DIY person).
  • I would suggest you Google (with your zip) upholstery repair and see if there is someone in your area that may give you an estimate on doing this repair.
  • Hopefully there is someone that will come to your house and give a free estimate. Then you can decide if your sofa is worth the cost to repair.

You are lucky that the mechanism is still working so you may be able to have it repaired at a reasonable cost.