Receiving Social Security Supplemental Income?

My question is about transferring an underage child's check from one payee to another. Can my husband transfer his daughter's SSI check to his name instead of her grandmother's now that she lives with us in another state? If so how?


By Rosanna

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks
November 25, 20140 found this helpful

Your first stop for correct information is your local Social security office. Be sure to take any information - especially SS numbers.

You may not be able to obtain any personal information but you may be able to file so you can receive information on what steps to take to get this change completed.

The child's grandmother - her legal guardian - can also get this information.

I guess the first question would be - why does the grandmother have legal guardianship of the the child?


Has the grandmother agreed to the change for the child?

In any case - I feel sure the father will have to go through the court to obtain legal status as guardian to the child. If you cannot afford to use an attorney for this purpose, you can pay a visit to your court house and obtain information on how to apply to the court yourself.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Next >︎
Business and Legal LegalNovember 23, 2014
Christmas Ideas!
New Years Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2021-12-14 07:13:20 in 776 msecs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.