Recipes Using Coca Cola

Coca Cola
There are a number of foods that are enhanced with this soda pop. This page contains recipes using Coca Cola.

Ingredients

• Chicken - the pieces you prefer or a whole cut up chicken
  • 1/4 cup mustard
  • 3 heaping tablespoons ketchup
  • 8 oz. Coca Cola (or any other carbonated drink)
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Salt and pepper your chicken pieces to taste. Place in a large skillet/frying pan. In a bowl, mix together the mustard and ketchup. Slowly add the cola and stir slowly until you use all the cola. Pour this mixture over the chicken and turn stove top to high. When it begins to boil, lower heat and cook for one hour. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, uncover the chicken and the "gravy" will thicken.

This recipe makes wonderful barbeque chicken!! I have also used it to cook pork chops and ribs. I do cook it longer to make sure that the pork is completely done though.

We use the "gravy" over mashed potatoes and a Georgia favorite, GRITS!!! Makes the most tender BBQ chicken you have ever had.

I have used Coca Cola, Mountain Dew, Gingerale, and Orange soda. It makes no difference to us. It is the carbonation that makes the chicken so tender.

Source: Received many many years ago on a card that was inside my bank statement. Never imagined it would be sooooo good!!

By southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

This cake comes out extremely yummy and moist!

• 1 cup soft margarine
  • 1 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 3 Tbsp. cocoa
  • Ad

• 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sour milk
  • 1 cup cola (Pepsi or Coke)
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Frosting:

• 1/2 cup soft butter
  • 1/3 cup cola
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

For cake, combine all but Coke and marshmallows. Blend at low speed and then beat 1 minute on medium speed. Add cola and blend well. By hand, add and stir in marshmallows. Bake in greased 9x13 inch pan at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Cool and frost.

For frosting, mix all ingredients together very well. Frost cooled cake.

Servings: 9-12
Prep Time: 20-25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 40-45 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

I love diet vanilla coke zero and when it is on sale I buy it a lot. I have type 2 diabetes and I drink a lot of diet colas, water doesn't do it for have queasy tummy all the time. This week, I didn't have much money. So I told hubby to get the cheapest diet cola, which he did. I buy the good vanilla extract. I smelled it one day and fell in love with it. The good stuff is worth a bit more money but has a better vanilla smell and taste. I took the vanilla and put just a drop or two in a glass and then added the soda. It was good! Even hubby liked it. Now I know the vanilla extract has sugar in it, that is why I just use a drop or two. If you both love vanilla and cola, try it.

By Barbara from Shoemakersville, PA

This recipe calls for only four ingredients.

Ingredients

*Not ground meat or poultry, preferably ribs or pork shoulder. Some real meat with some fat and some bone. For Chicken Lovers: please read the Option below.

Directions

Of course I will use a pressure cooker for this. If cooking conventionally, it will take about an hour. The cola really tenderizes the meat for you.

Put the meat into the pressure cooker and add the liquid ingredients. They may not cover the meat completely, but in my pressure cooker that does not matter. The liquids should cover at least half way. Pressure cook for 15 minutes. The meat will be ready to fall off the bone. It would be better to let it set for a few minutes before serving.

If you insist on a sauce just add equal parts of corn starch and water to the hot marinade and serve with the meat.

Option For Chicken Lovers: Do the same with chicken thighs, but brown them first. Cut some potatoes into about pieces that fit into the palm of your hand. Cook these with your chicken. Don't forget to add the garlic. Pour on the liquids. Let the liquids come to a gentle boil. Cook for about fifteen minutes in a covered pan.

Why do I know this works? My friends from China and Korea like it very much and they thought I had slaved over the stove all day. I rather did not want to tell them my secret, because I did not want them to think I just did something off the top of my head for my important guests; but then they wanted the recipe and one of the ladies insisted that her husband buy a pressure cooker. It seems she had cooked with one as a child

By Tim from Science Hill, Ky

I couldn't make them fast enough for my kids and their friends! Poke holes into the franks using a regular table fork, 2 to 3 times is fine. Pour ROOM TEMPERATURE Classic Coca-Cola into boiler.

Ingredients

Cake:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup Coca Cola pop
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Icing:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2-3 Tbsp. cocoa
  • 1/2 cup Coca Cola pop
  • 4 cups confectioners sugar
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped and roasted

Directions

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on low speed, mix the butter, flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, vanilla, eggs and buttermilk together for 1 minute. Add the Coca Cola and marshmallows and blend well. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes and cool.

For the icing: In a small mixing bowl, mix the butter, cocoa, Coca Cola and confectioners sugar together. Beat until the icing is smooth and add the pecans. Frost the cake and serve.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I also heard you can cook a turkey with coke, I wish I knew in detail how that is done?

Nicole

Coca-Cola brined Pilgrim's Pride turkey with Dunkin Donuts old-fashioned cake doughnut sweet and savory stuffing*

Coca-Cola brine

1 1/4 cups salt

1 quart Coca-Cola

2 bay leaves

1 medium onion, peeled and halved

2 cloves

1 10- to 12-pound Pilgrim's Pride Whole Butter Basted Turkey

1. Place salt and Coca-Cola in a large deep pot and whisk until salt crystals dissolve. Whisk in 4 quarts cold water. Pin bay leaves to onion halves with cloves and add them to brine. Let mixture cool to room temperature.

2. Add Pilgrim's Pride turkey, placing a large heavy pot or sealed zip-top bag filled with cold water on top to keep bird submerged in Coca-Cola. Place pot in refrigerator and marinate overnight.

Dunkin Donuts old-fashioned cake doughnut sweet and savory stuffing

6 cups Dunkin Donuts old-fashioned cake doughnuts, chopped

2 cups diced onion

1/2 cup butter

2 cups cranberries

2 teaspoons dried rosemary

1/2 tablespoon dried sage

1 cup chicken broth

Cook onion in butter or margarine over low heat until soft. Add doughnuts, cranberries, rosemary and sage, chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste. Mix gently but thoroughly.

Roast Turkey

Remove Pilgrim's Pride turkey from Coca-Cola brine. Thoroughly rinse turkey under a slow stream of cool water, rubbing gently to release salt and soda residue, both inside and out. Pat skin and both interior cavities dry.

Remove neck and giblets. Begin lightly spooning doughnut stuffing into the neck cavity, then into the body cavity. After the bird has been stuffed, secure the legs to the tail. If the band of skin is not present, tie the legs securely to the tail with string. Twist the wing tips under the back of the turkey so they won't overcook.

Roast turkey, breast side down, in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 2 hours. During this time, baste legs and back twice with Coca-Cola.

*Recipe provided courtesy of White House kitchen.

Deanna Swift can be reached at deannaswift1@yahoo.com.

Love this recipe.

Adding it to my Blog: www.SodaIsGood.com