Recipes Using Whiskey
From marinades to cakes, whiskey is used in a wide variety of recipes. This page contains recipes using whiskey
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Moist and delicious, easy to make, freezes well, a family favorite.
- 1 2- layer yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup whiskey (cheap, not the costly "sipping" kind)
- 1 small instant vanilla pudding (you can use chocolate if you wish)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate morsels, milk or semi-sweet, your choice
- 1/2 cup butterscotch bits
Mix first 6 ingredients together to blend, then beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add nuts and candies. Pour into a greased and floured 13x9 inch metal baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325 degrees F for 40 minutes until done. Start checking at 30 minutes, as it can burn easily.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45-55 minutes
Source: Family recipe from unknown original source.
By BonnieAlice from Candia, NH
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 1 cup
Source: a friend
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp minced white onion
- 1 Tbsp Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 Tbsp crushed pineapple
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Cut about 1/2-inch off of top of garlic. Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat. Peel the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together.
- Put garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle olive oil over it, and cover with a lid or foil. Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 1 hour. Remove garlic and let it cool.
- Combine water, pineapple juice, Teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.
- Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic is squeezed out. Discard remaining skin and whisk to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir. Let mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesn't boil over.