Recipes Using Pineapple Juice

Fruit juice can be used in recipes to add flavor or to replace other liquids and alcohol. This page contains recipes using pineapple juice.

Sweeten up your canned zucchini by putting them in pineapple juice. Canning zucchini in pineapple juice will make them delectably sweet.

Canning Zucchini

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I have a container of pineapple juice that I've saved from canned pineapple and I'm looking for recipes where I can use it up. I would prefer recipes that don't require that I buy more canned pineapple, as I just want to use up the juice that I already have. Thank you.

By Kathy from Sylvania, OH

Answers

You can use fruit juice in a plain cake mix instead of water to give it a light natural flavoring. You can also freeze it with popsicle sticks and make treats for the kids. (Or the adults, for that matter.)

You could use the juice mixed with water to set gelatin and adds to the flavor.

I drink my leftover pineapple (and other) juice.

Any type of fruit juice is great to cook a pork roast in! Select your roast, rinse it well and pat dry, rub down with seasonings of your choice, place in your crock pot, and add the juice.

I freeze mine into ice cubes, and then put them in a plastic bag. I use in friut smoothies, as well as take a few out to melt and use for marinades etc

Any juices from canned fruit, I always use in place of water when making cakes. Boxed mixes or otherwise. I also buy cans of nectar and use that also in place of water. What a difference it makes. Also gives cakes a great texture.

Mix with other juice for a good punch drink. Mix with Kool-aid to add flavor. Thicken with corn starch, add some coconut and use as a filler between cake layers.

Here are 3 chicken recipes that use Pineapple Juice:

Teriyaki Chicken Wings 1

Chicken Wings

Marinade:
1 C. Water
1/4 C. Pineapple Juice
1/2 C. Oil
1 tsp. Ginger
1 C. Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 C. Brown Sugar

(Note: I usually skip the water and just use 1 1/4 C. Pineapple Juice)
Marinate a couple of hours or over night. Discard the marinade and grill the wings.
Sometimes i use legs and thighs and just put the whole thing in a pan (marinade and all) and bake it @ 350.

Teriyaki Chickens Wings 2

Chicken Wings

Marinade:
1/2 C. Catsup
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Pineapple Juice
1/4 C. Honey
1/4 C. Soy Sauce
2 Cloves Garlic, minced

Teriyaki Marinated Chicken Breast
1 (6 ounce) can pineapple juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1. In a medium bowl, mix the pineapple juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, and pepper. Place chicken in the bowl, and coat with the mixture. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.

2. Preheat the oven broiler.
3. Place chicken on a baking sheet. Broil 5 minutes on each side in the preheated oven, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Discard remaining marinade.