Recovery Time for a Puppy with Parvo

My puppy is 7 weeks old and was diagnosed with parvo 4 days ago. She was throwing up and had diarrhea, but no blood. She has not thrown up since the vet visit and I've been giving her an IV and medication from the vet. She started eating shredded chicken yesterday evening and I have been feeding her a little bit every 4 hours and she has kept it all down since. How long do I have to wait to retest her for parvo?

She is well on her way to recovery. Just do what the vet tells you.

Normally at the age the puppy ha a series of shots that it gets. You'll need to see the schedule with your vet. I know when I take the puppies here for shots it is every 2 weeks for 3 to 4 shots. At this age it should be a series of 4 shots that the dog gets. Normally the first one is for parvo, second is yearly, third is another parvo and last one is for the yearly shots. By the sound of it the dog is recovering incely and you should be able to take her back to the vet in a week or so to have her checked again and hopefully start her series of puppy shots.

If your puppy was healthy before he contracted the virus and you started his treatment right away which sounds like you did he should be fine.
There is no cure for parvo but with supportive treatment is the best way for the dog to survive.
The full course of treatment can last several days and they can shed the disease for weeks and months after recovery.

Your puppy sounds like it got a less severe case of parvo. But it can take a few weeks for it to get its energy back. When it has recovered it will not need a vaccination against parvo, but will need all its other puppy shots. Your puppy now has immunity for life against parvo.

However you may want to clean and disinfect (bleach solution) areas where your puppy has been while he was sick. Parvo virus lives in the environment for several years. Unvaccinated puppies can be exposed to the virus in places your puppy has been. I am so glad your puppy made it.