ContainersRecycled Crafts

Recycled Animal Face Pencil Case

Simple materials plus a creative mind is a great combination for making this project. A plastic bottle has the most use when it comes to recycling. You can create anything useful out of plastic bottles. Here's one simple project that I taught my child which can be a good help to develop his creativity, imagination, and organizing skills.

1. Cut a big hole in any portion (up or down) of your plastic bottle.
  2. On a piece of colored craft paper draw the face of any animal you can think of. The size of the face will depend on the size of your bottle.
  3. In this project, I made the face of a pig. So, next, draw it's mouth open, big and wide depending on the size of the hole you made in the bottle. Cut this out.
  4. Add the facial features like the teeth. I cut them from white paper. Glue or tape in place.
  5. Then cut out and glue on the nose.
  6. Next, draw and attach the eyes. Use your marker to make the pupils.
  7. Then add the ears. They can be made from two colors of pink paper, using a darker one for the inside of the ear. I also cut small pieces of dark pink paper for eye lids and finally added eyelashes.
  8. Then I made a crown and put a little bit of accessories on it.
  9. Now, stick the crown and face in position on your bottle. See photo.
  10. Put writing materials in the mouth or you can open the lid of the bottle behind the crown.
  11. It's done!
  12. Ad

Very cute way of storing pencils

thanks! you can also use colored felt fabric or foam boards for the animal face to improve durability