Recycled Kitten Playhouse

I made this playhouse for my new kitten from our leftover cardboard dinner carrier from Bojangles dinner meal box. I simply cut out a few holes for her to poke her legs through to play, and cut out an entrance. It has a nice carry handle, and could also be used to transport a small animal to the vet, etc., just make sure you cut out a few air holes. My new kitty Bindi loves playing in it, batting her legs through to grab at whatever wiggles by!

By Cheryl from Trinity, NC

Anonymous

What a cute idea! I wonder if your sweet little kitten will try to still get in there once he/she is too big? It's hysterically funny to watch them try because they so much love boxes :-)

That is exactly the type of box the shelter sent my kitten, Snickers, home in, in 2007. I let him out, and left it on the floor for him to play in. Within weeks, he had scratched and chewed it into a flat mess! After that, I used to bring him empty cardboard Coke cartons (from the 2L bottles) to play in, replacing them as they bit the dust. He grew too big for those, and I stopped giving him boxes, but he still tries to get in whatever box I might leave temporarily around, and has destroyed a number of boxes that were not intended for him, Lol!

When he sees a box, he's in love! They're his favorite toys. He'll try to stuff himself into any box, even if it's way too small. (I submitted a post to TF about Snickers several years ago.) It's such a riot to watch cats play with boxes!