DecorRecycled Crafts

Recycled Man

This is a cute project using recycled materials. I actually made a few with some autistic friends that I do crafts with. It was fun and could be a good lesson for students about recycling too!

Total Time: 2 hours

1. Punch holes in all bottle caps with a nail and hammer on a soft surface (like a lawn!) and drill holes in all corks. Punch holes for a face in a tuna or cat food can with a nail and hammer and string metal wire through the holes to look like a face. Punch a hole in the top and through a plastic cap to thread wire through for a hat and make a loop to hook it up at the end.
  2. Punch holes in the main can "body" to string neck to body, one in center top and one at each corner. Attach arms and legs with wire. I actually tie the wire at the ends to hold them on. It's a heavier duty wire so it doesn't break too easily and mine was even coated (on some places like the top loop to hang.) See photo.
  3. Drill hole through corks and string on 2 or 3 bottle caps alternating with 1 cork and ending with a knotted wire to hold everything together. Arms use 3 corks each and legs use 4. See photo! Note: I chose to turn the 'hands' and 'feet' corks in a horizontal position to look like hands and feet.
  4. Follow same process for legs using 4 corks for each.
  5. There's your Recycled Man!

I love seeing items reclaimed as art. So it is perfect and I am voting for your post.