Recycling Hosiery

I have been unsuccessful in finding a company to which I can send unused nylon hosiery (still packaged pantyhose) for recycling. A couple of companies listed online no longer recycle hosiery.

Here are a few ideas to use those leftover Hosiery, - www.wikihow.com/recycle-old-pantyhose - many of these ideas are brilliant!

New pantyhose (especially if they are older brands) are a very popular seller on eBay. I have sold them on and off for years. They are best sold as lots (2 or more of the same brand), but I have also done mixed brand lots.

I am pasting a link of sold items so you can see how people do it: www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mixed...

I do not have any sold in here so no conflict of interest.

If you are intent on recycling, it is actually easier to find new uses.

My 3 go-tos for used ones are:

1. We use the toes (with about 3-5 inches of hose) and a rubber band and attach them to catch lint from the washer (on end of the hose that drains in to the stationary tub).

2. We have also cut them up to tie up tomato and pepper plants in the garden (one of my favorite uses).

3. I have also used them to crochet. I cut and small rounds then when I am watching TV or can't sleep, I loop them together to make "yarn" which I crochet. I made one dog rug with it (it took a VERY long time to get enough...which is why the project was so small).

Post back what you decide! To me, in this struggling economy, selling them is the best option! I have always done quite well when I sell them, but hopefully your question will garner you lots of good other suggestions.

Post back what you decide!

New - still in package - pantyhose usually sell on eBay as well as local venues. The only problem with selling these is that it is very difficult to determine if the elastic waist is still in good shape as some brands do not hold up well with age.
If this turns out to be a problem it would mean a refund of the buyers money - including shipping and your shipping cost would be your loss.
Just mentioning this as it does happen.

It is better to sell at least 2 if possible but they should be the same style, size, and color.

I usually donate things like this to my local Hospice Thrift store as they need the donations these sell in thrift stores fairly quickly.

Maybe this would be a better way to 'recycle' and also help out a local thrift store.

Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherMarch 25, 2020
🐰
👒
🌻
🐛
😷

OtherRecycling