RecyclingGreen Living

Recycling VHS Tapes

What is the best way to remove the film from VHS tapes? I have over 50 tapes. I need to separate the film from the plastic before recycling the tapes.

You can contact Alternative Community Training in Missouri. They do that work for you and you donate the tapes.

Here is a site with some other suggestions vs taking apart to recycle locally:

www.sunshineguerrilla.com/.../where-to-donate-vhs-tapes.html

As an aside, I sold a large box on eBay a few years ago to a crafter who crochets with them. They ship media mail so it reduced the cost for the buyer. I did the same with a huge box of cassettes. The extra cash wasn't much, but it was in my pocket!

This is a good time to donate VHS tapes to non-profit thrift stores. They do not make a lot of money from the tapes but it is the best way to recycle these items.

Generally most of the thrift stores will want the tapes but since you have 50 then I would call before making a trip. Salvation Army usually lets you pull up to the back door and drop off a box.

Better Living Green Living RecyclingDecember 13, 2018
🎃
🎂
🌻