Recycling or Reusing Wire and Plastic Hangers

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do with a ton of wire and plastic hangers (all in good shape). I was planning on donating them, but Goodwill doesn't take them

By Nikki

Those of us who wear sweaters, especially the thinner ones which show fold marks, like to hang these garments. Instead of buying expensive hangers for this purpose, I use wire hangers and dollar store yarns; one basic of any colour and the second a prettier colour and texture. Use single crochet to cover the hanger with the basic and hot glue the end to the wire hook. Cover the first layer with the prettier yarn, again with single crochet.

I find the two layers of yarn ensure no shoulder marks in my hung sweaters. These also make great gifts when dressed up a bit with a fabric ribbon bow (again from the dollar store): sets of three are quick and easy to make.