Redesigned Greeting Cards
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
February 7, 2019
I save all card packagings I get from online orders because they can easily be redesigned and reused. The themes for these greeting cards are Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's Day. These are perfect to pair with the gift baskets I make throughout the year!
Here are three ideas of how to redesign greeting cards that I made with regular household items you may have at home already.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 3 cards
- decorative scissors
- hole puncher
- glue stick
- Inspect the cards you have and see what areas you need to cover up.
- I will be using kraft cardstock paper to cover up the areas with text. Measure and mark the areas that need to be covered up on your paper and cut out.
- Idea #1 - To cover the logo on the front of a card, you can measure paper to fit your card. Then, cut a triangle out and mark each edge. Using a decorative pair of scissors, follow your mark as a guide and cut all around. Glue the paper down and you are ready to decorate. It looks nice!
- I decorated with stickers saying HAPPY B DAY. The dot symbol separating B DAY was made by hole punching an extra area on the sticker.
- Apply the same concept to the inside of the card, if you want.
- Idea #2 - Cut random color pieces from a magazine and create a mosaic pattern. Then cut off any excess pieces. Kraft paper can be glued inside on this one as well.
- In one of my magazines, I found these cute Valentine Day cards and I cut them out and glued one in the center of the card. This would be a perfect idea to reuse any old Valentine's Day cards you may have and no longer need too!
- Idea #3 - I glued down a flatten cupcake liner and glued a Valentine's Day card in the center with a heart sticker.
February 13, 20190 found this helpful
I think you have done a great job on making this card!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.