Refreshing Strawberry Cake
It's the end of summer and the strawberries are at there peak. So to celebrate, I wanted to make a dessert that was quick and used as a cool fridge dessert. This can be made ahead and will last a week in your fridge. To make this dessert faster and cost friendly, I used a box cake mix.
- 1 strawberry cake mix (make according to directions)
- 1 qt fresh strawberries
- 1 tub (8oz) whip cream
- Preheat oven on 350 degrees F. Oil and flour 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Prepare cake mix and bake.
- Remove from pan after cooling. I trimmed the edges and placed in a container with lid.
- Wash the strawberries. Drain and dry them on paper towels. Slice strawberries. Optional - add strawberry gel to berries.
- Take berries and top cake.
- Spread whipped cream on top of strawberries end to end.
- Crumble cake trimmings on top.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!