Remedies for Facial Redness

Category Home Remedies
Facial Redness
Many people experience facial redness at some time in their lives. Depending on the cause there are a variety of remedies you can try. This is a guide about remedies for facial redness.

I'm 38 and have always been fair skinned with dark hair and with red splotches on my face, including some acne. The acne is not that much of a problem as is the redness I have on my face. My cheeks, chin, and forehead always look like I have a slight sunburn. I can't remember ever having even skin tone.

Makeup doesn't stay on my face very well, so I'm always searching for a good makeup. I like the mineral powders as they don't aggravate my skin causing acne, but I have to re-apply it several times a day. I would really prefer to just not wear any makeup, but the redness makes me look horrible. Any suggestions on how to even out my skin tone so I don't have to wear foundation of any kind? Or am I just stuck with this type of redness for skin?

By susluvsvintage

Best Answer

It sounds like rosacea. 1% Metrogel is expensive. 75% metronidazole gel is generic and just as effective.

Best Answer

If you have a local store in a mall that handles Clinque cosmetics I would visit them and ask for a sample as they have several products for redness. They have a small set of "Redness Solutions" that runs about $25. you can buy. I've tried it with success. They also have specials they run several times a year. Go on to their website and you can find a lot of information about the redness causes and some different solutions. I've worn their products for years as I have very sensitive skin.

Best Answer

It might be rosacea as others have mentioned. However, it might also be a form of yeast infection which can be treated with a steroidal cream. A doctor or dermatologist would need to do a differential diagnosis. Good luck

Best Answer

There's a skin care cream called euricine that has a green neutralizer in it for red patchy skin or you could go to your cosmetic counter at your local store and ask for a cover stick that has a green tint to it this is to be worn under make up to reduce redness on the skin it works i have the same problem try mabeline makeup its liquid base with sunscreen and it stays on all day and won't irritate your skin. Then dust your face with a loose powder like corn silk another good brand.

Best Answer

I don't know if Sarna is new on the shelves but my husband also has facial redness. He applies the Sarna before retiring for the night and although not complete cleared the redness is lightened. There are two different types, one in a green pump bottle, the other in a blue one. There is also a tub that they have. A tad pricey but usually you get what you pay for, so I'm buying it for him. Hope you get some relief from some of the suggestions already made.