Remedy for Bandaging Thin Skin

My husband has very thin skin. When removing a "regular" Band-aid from a wound site, he will pull up skin with the adhesive, creating another wound site! Does anyone know if there is an actual Band-Aid which uses "paper tape"? I know there is a paper tape, but it needs a gauze pad; then, there is the self-adhesive wrap. But, for a "quick and easy" solution, I would like to have an actual "workable" Band-Aid on hand.

By V.L.

Have you tried putting tissue on the wounds and letting the blood as it dries to adhere the tissue; like what a man would do if he cut himself shaving? Then when it is time for it to come off just wet it.

There is a product you can buy in the first aid aisle that comes in a roll. It is a soft, stretchable tape that comes in small widths and it looks wrinkly in the package. When you unroll it to cover a wound of any kind, you can stretch it a little, then the end of it will stick to its opposite end. It's wonderful because you can put anything under it (TP folded or gauze pads of any size, etc. plus medication) and hold it in place as long as you need. It's also reusable which makes it a real $ saver. Wish I knew the name of this product because it's great. I've found many uses for it around the house.

Sounds like coban.

I think the product might be Nexcare Coban Self-Adhering Wrap.

It sounds similar to Vet Wrap ! We use it on pets with wounds.

It's called Coban. It works really well. Also Nexcare Sensitive Skin Low Trauma Tape works pretty good too.

Yes, and it sounds like the same as the wrap used on horses legs also.
We buy it at tractor supply and it is much cheaper. My husband has horrible circulation in his legs with extremely thin skin.

This has been a life safer for areas that you can wrap it around. For larger flat areas we have ordered 3M Medipore plus Pad. It isn't cheap but it is worth the cost for us.

You're thinking of Kinesio-tape and it does work, it's like magic!

If you ask advice from your pharmacist, they can likely steer you toward a suitable bandage product.

Look into "antiseptic powders" which promote healing, also keep the wound from sticking to anything you cover it with.

I would suggest Nexcare Sensitive Skin Low Trauma Tape. It stays on pretty good but comes off easy without tearing my skin.

It's hypoallergenic too and I don't get redness and blisters because of the adhesive. Hope that helps.