Remedy for Dry Sunburned Skin

I recently got a little sunburn on my face while at the pool. I was doing my daily skincare routine and once I moisturized my face it felt dry again. And then I moisturized again and it felt dry again. I have been repeatedly moisturizing and until last night I have been keeping a damp cloth over my face, but for some reason it just stays dry. Any suggestions on how to make it not feel like this? I start school on August 4th and I don't want to have to deal with it all day.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I would keep applying fresh aloe gel to your face and also make sure you're drinking extra water to replenish from the inside.

Best Answer

Living in the tropics, we need to protect our skin. Therefore, everyone applies Temanu oil to their skin at bedtime. This oil is fantastic for dry skin, sores, acne, and dark spots due to excessive exposure to the sun. You can purchase this oil online at Amazon.

https://www.ama … um/dp/B00L2NG7NS

You could try vitamin E oil. Your face needs a lot of moisture at this time.

I agree that aloe (especially fresh plant or gel) is very good for any kind of dry skin and lots of water - more than you normally drink are good suggestions.
Several other suggestions - some as old as the hills but still work - Noxzema, very cool feeling and does help dry sunburned skin. - Coconut oil - either in a jar or out of the kitchen. - Shea Butter is also very good but all of these should be used on a moist skin and several times a day.

Use Aloe Vera is works like a charm