Remedy for Hair Damaged by Perms and Coloring

I have colored my hair for many years, I have also had many perms over the years. But now I'm tired of all that, my hair looks dried out. I would like to be healthy again, what should I do? Get it cut short? Let it grow out? I was even thinking of shaving my head, just so my hair would grow back natural and healthy.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Get a trim. On a weekly basis, warm some olive oil and dab it all over your hair. Let it sit in for 20 minutes then shampoo with cool water.

thank you

Anonymous

I suggest first trimming 1/4 to 1/2 inch off your hair. Next consider changing up your shampoo I have been using WEN and my hair has never looked or felt more healthy and vibrant in my life. There are many different formulas of WEN so go to www.Chazdean.com to find a formula that works best for your hair. WEN has no sulfates so it is a cleansing conditioner. It does not lather and you do not use conditioner. Just follow instructions on bottle.Much luck to you!!

You may have to just cut off the ends. Use a deep conditioner once a week. Avoid hot tools on your hair.

I believe many of us understand where you are coming from and hope you have quick success in getting your hair back to a natural state.

I also believe that getting a trim (at least every month to six weeks) will give you a good start. Of course, it seems the shorter styles react better to conditioning because most of the hair is fairly new growth. Hair seems to change over a period of time so don't get impatient as it will not happen overnight.
I always found that a good vinegar rinse once in a while helped my hair condition and my scalp as well. Any new product takes using a few times to determine if it is the right thing for your hair so enjoy the waiting time and know that nice clean, healthy hair is in your future.