Remedy for Hairless Spots on Dog?

At home we have a 10 month old Doberman. Now she has 2 hairless spots (see pictures). The vet had never seen it before, but we where wondering if there's a remedy or cure. And if anyone knows what it is please advise?

Thanks.

I would have the vet check this next time the pup is in. These can be caused from relatively benign reasons like seasonal allergies or be something serious like a tick or skin cancer.

Having had dogs with these that go both ways, I always suggest let the vet look! Hopefully you will be like most that find out it is nothing, but important to have it checked because I know from experience they can be something that needs attention.

Prayers for healing!

This would be best checked by a Vet, This is nothing to speculate . This could be through a infection or allergy, wing worm, folliculitis, cellulitis, mange(mites) , pressure sores , and the list goes on.
Any of these could spread to cause even more problems . Check out to be sure. dogscatspets.org/.../

This can be a medical issue or even a food-related issue. This happened to my daughter and she had to take the dog in for a lot of tests. In the end, there was a food-related issue and they suggested changing the dog's food which helped. It took quite a bit of time for the hair to grow back. I would recommend that you take the dog to the vet and have him looked at. The vet can tell you if he should be tested for allergies or if it is just a nervous condition. Here my dog started to have issues with hair loss and I did go to the vet. He asked me to make a few changes in his diet which corrected these issues and his hair is starting to grow back now.

You did say the vet looked at these and said they had never seen them before? Did they offer any advice on what to do or did they want to check them in a few weeks? I cannot imagine a vet just letting something like this go without some sort of explanation unless they just thought it would go away on its on.

Are you saying these are hairless 'spots' (rather smooth skin) or are these raised bumpy spots?
I'm not sure that if at all possible, I think I would consider finding another vet. That may not be something you can do right now but maybe something to consider.

I know this may sound strange but if you have a Tractor Store or a large feed store in your area take your dog to one of these and ask for some advice. These places deal with pets as well as all types of farm animals and they have always had excellent suggestions for my family's pets. They have medications, shots as well as food and bedding and usually there is someone around that knows a lot about problems that vets usually deal with but are used to working with DIY people. I hope you will not rule this out.

Here is a link to a veterinarian site that offers a free consultation so this might be something to check.
ask.vetbabble.com/

Pets Dogs AdviceNovember 9, 2020
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Remedy-for-Hairless-Spots-on-Dog.html