Remedy for New Denture Pain

I had my top 9 teeth pulled 4 days ago. My gums are sore and putting my dentures back in is really painful. Is it OK to use Orajel while I still have open gums?

Orajel should be OK, but I would check with the dentist first to be safe.

Verify first with your dentist if that is appropriate or if it is better indicated to use ice or heat and/or the orajel or just ice/heat.

I suggest this because some people like me, can't use products like orajel because "caine" products like this cause an irregular heart beat.

If you have ever had issues like that from lidocaine, novacaine, or any of those type medications, even over the counter, you will also want to check with your medical doctor also (unless your dental provider is a DMD or oral surgeon vs just a DDS (dentist). Safely first!!!

Sending up healing prayers!!

It is best to consult with your dentist. They should have provided pain medication for temporarily relief. It will take some time to adapt to your dentures.

I hope you feel better soon!

i would worry that until the areas heal over, applying any product would increase risk of infection of some sort but others seem to think it's OK and in a sense that's what these products were designed for

you might try gargling with a few drops of clove oil essential oil mixed with water - clove oil is great at reducing gum pain. If you add some tea tree it should help with psosible infections too