Remedy for Poorly Insulated Mobile Home?

0
Share
2
Save
Follow
Print

I recently bought a mobile home and the weather here has been in the negatives. My furnace has been running around the clock and I have 3 space heaters. The temperature is 43°! I noticed the other day that you can see the daylight in some places where the walls meet the floor. Also, the free-range felines have been seen in my floor vents just meowing and staring up at us. Can anyone give me any ideas on a "cheaper" fix than buying a new home? I am a single mother of 2. I have been putting aluminum tape on the obvious hole in my ducts, idk if that will even help. (The kitten in the photo is one of a few that we had to take our vents off to get him out and is now a part of the family.) Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Stuff blankets in the open spaces until you can get proper insulation

Best Answer

If you're near a dollar store that still has them (never hurts to ask) you can buy some pool tubes (plastic foam floats in shape of long tubes) to stuff into the cracks. They can be cut open on one side and then will fit snuggly in the crack...hard to explain. Cute tuxedo kitty!!!

Home and Garden Home Improvement HeatingJanuary 7, 2018
👔
🌻
🐛
😎
🎆
Generated 2021-05-17 10:56:53 in 833 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Remedy-for-Poorly-Insulated-Mobile-Home.html