Remedy for Severe Headaches

What's good to stop severe headaches because I'm not good with taking medications.

By Willie J.

We take the herb Feverfew for headaches or you can try the herb white willow for natural help with headaches.

I drink a cup or 2 of strong coffee with cream & sugar in it. Works for me!

Try looking at what you do the day of and the day before your headache. Note what you eat and drink, how well and how many hours you sleep, the weather, the pollen and dust, etc. For me, it was fabric softener. The smell suddenly gave me massive headaches.

I get migraines, and I use lavender essential oil from Young Living. I put a drop of it on a cloth and lay with it under my nose. Breathing in the oil usually takes my headache away.

I agree with the coffee remedy. It is the caffeine. Any drink with caffeine will do. The cream and sugar just make the coffee taste good. Mountain Dew is a very high caffeine drink, for example. Personally, I find that the hot drinks work better than cold ones, but that might be my imagination.

I use ASA which is a drug we have used for decades and has few side effects when used for an occasional headache.

Another technique is to press on your temples as hard as you can for a few minutes. This pressure point is helpful sometimes. You also have pressure points at the base of your skull, on either side of your spine. Pressing on these points is often helpful.

If these are frequent and very bad, you should see a doctor. It could be a symptom of a more serious condition.

I've had migraines for years, meds might ease them sometimes but don't really work that well. I have to lie down in dark and quiet fo an hour or so. I just began Botox treatments which have been shown to help. We'll see.