Removing Bubbles on my 60s Table?

0
Share
Pin
4
Save
Follow
Print

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me! I have bought a 60s dining table, which is in pretty good condition apart from some bubbling (as seen in the close up picture).

Could someone advise how I can fix this? I'm not 100% sure what the surface is made from, possibly formica? The bubbles only appear on the flowers.

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Place a cloth or tea towel over the bubbles
Turn your iron on to a low setting
Iron over the top of the bubbles
The bubbles should have disappeared.

You may have to scrape off the bubbles and refinish.

Bubbles under Formica?
It could be enamel.You cannot see bubbles in your picture so you'll probably have to take the table to someone who knows about paint.
You might try madders suggestion first as it may work.

Otherwise I would suggest showing your table to someone at an Ace hardware store and ask them for help.
It is strange that bubbles are only under the flowers.
The flowers were probably not 'glued' properly before the outer coat was placed on the tabletop so air was trapped and whoever did the finish did not pop the bubbles to release the air before the last coat was finished.

Hope you do not have to redo the job. An Ace employee can probably help you find a solution.

Thanks for your responses. If you click on the second picture you can see the bubbles.

I don't know what Ace is. Is that a US company? I'm in the UK.

I am going to try and find out what the table is made of before I attempt anything too drastic as I don't want to ruin it! :)

Sorry - Ace is one of the 'smaller' hardware stores in the US. You may have something similar but, if not, take your pictures to a store that has a large paint department to see if they can help.
Sometimes it can be a simple fix or it may be a major redo.
I only mentioned the table itself as you did not seem to know if this was Formica or? Maybe some pictures of the sides and underside would help find a solution.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Used FurnitureMay 21, 2021
🎆
🐛
🌻
👔
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Bubbles-on-my-60s-Table.html