Removing Candle Wax from a Metal Stove Top

Category Appliances
This is a page about removing candle wax from a metal stove top. A wax mess on your stove can be a challenge to remove any discoloration.

I desperately need help in removing a stain from my stovetop. I accidentally left a candle on my stove and the heat seems to have caused the color in the candle to penetrate the metal of the stove. I have tried all sorts of cleaners but nothing seems to remove the discoloration. It looks similar to a rust stain from a metal shaving cream container. Any suggestions?

Pinkshoes from Upstate, NY

Answers

Best Answer

Scrape off as much as you can with something that won't damage your stove like a teflon scraper. Then use hot, hot water and a cloth with texture to scrub off the film and other bits left behind. Goo Gone is a cleaning product that also dissolves wax. Good Luck!

An olive color candle was on the top of my stove. The oven was on and the candle melted some down the front of stove. I got all the wax off, but it left a colored stain on the white stove (I think the dye, dyed the clear coat.) How do I remove the color?

Answers

Try the Barkeepers Friend or a Magic Eraser.

While it is a different surface, I got candle dye off a laminate surface by using a paste of vinegar and baking soda, which I left sit on it for an hour. Cover the spot with baking soda and just enough vinegar to make paste. It will bubble up. Wipe it off with damp sponge or rag. You make have to treat it a few times. Post back if this works as well for you as it did for me!

Try fingernail polish remover on the stain.

My lovely husband left a giant candle lit on top of our stove. And naturally it was the top left burner which is connected to the oven. It not only had melted and entirely filled the inside of the burner, which I could care less about, but the wax has found its way beneath the burner and beneath whatever you call that metal under the burner.(sorry) I can see the wax now that it's dry where it's hugging the pipe (?) that releases heat from oven.

And it is smoking uncontrollably. What on earth do I do? Besides ring this man's neck... kidding.

Answers

It sounds like the wax dropped on the heating element. You may need to replace that, otherwise you will have dripping wax when you use the oven.

Oh dear, you'll have to clean it all off if possible. If you cannot get it all off, it might cause issues and have that piece replaced.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesOctober 5, 2016
🎃