Removing Candle Wax from a Metal Stove Top

Category Appliances
This is a guide about removing candle wax from a metal stove top. A wax mess on your stove can be a challenge to remove any discoloration.

I desperately need help in removing a stain from my stovetop. I accidentally left a candle on my stove and the heat seems to have caused the color in the candle to penetrate the metal of the stove. I have tried all sorts of cleaners but nothing seems to remove the discoloration. It looks similar to a rust stain from a metal shaving cream container. Any suggestions?

Pinkshoes from Upstate, NY

Answers

Best Answer

Scrape off as much as you can with something that won't damage your stove like a teflon scraper. Then use hot, hot water and a cloth with texture to scrub off the film and other bits left behind. Goo Gone is a cleaning product that also dissolves wax. Good Luck!

An olive color candle was on the top of my stove. The oven was on and the candle melted some down the front of stove. I got all the wax off, but it left a colored stain on the white stove (I think the dye, dyed the clear coat.) How do I remove the color?

Answers

Try the Barkeepers Friend or a Magic Eraser.

While it is a different surface, I got candle dye off a laminate surface by using a paste of vinegar and baking soda, which I left sit on it for an hour. Cover the spot with baking soda and just enough vinegar to make paste. It will bubble up. Wipe it off with damp sponge or rag. You make have to treat it a few times. Post back if this works as well for you as it did for me!

Try fingernail polish remover on the stain.