Removing Candle Wax from a Metal Stove Top

Category Appliances
Close up of the metal surface and burner of an electric stove top
This is a guide about removing candle wax from a metal stove top. A wax mess on your stove can be a challenge to remove any discoloration.

I desperately need help in removing a stain from my stovetop. I accidentally left a candle on my stove and the heat seems to have caused the color in the candle to penetrate the metal of the stove. I have tried all sorts of cleaners but nothing seems to remove the discoloration. It looks similar to a rust stain from a metal shaving cream container. Any suggestions?

Pinkshoes from Upstate, NY

Answers

Best Answer

Scrape off as much as you can with something that won't damage your stove like a teflon scraper. Then use hot, hot water and a cloth with texture to scrub off the film and other bits left behind. Goo Gone is a cleaning product that also dissolves wax. Good Luck!

Take a brown paper bag and iron it over the wax. The wax will stick to the bag and lift off. This also works with clothes.

Try using a blow dryer on high. It should melt right off.Then just wipe off wax.Hope this helps.

I was told along time ago to melt bar soap,like Ivory and CAREFULLY pour it over the stuff you want to clean off the stove. Let sit and when it cools/hardens just a bit peel it off. The wax should peel off with it. Good Luck. GG Vi