Removing Candle Wax from a Metal Stove Top

Category Appliances
This is a guide about removing candle wax from a metal stove top. A wax mess on your stove can be a challenge to remove any discoloration.

I desperately need help in removing a stain from my stovetop. I accidentally left a candle on my stove and the heat seems to have caused the color in the candle to penetrate the metal of the stove. I have tried all sorts of cleaners but nothing seems to remove the discoloration. It looks similar to a rust stain from a metal shaving cream container. Any suggestions?

Pinkshoes from Upstate, NY

Answers

Best Answer

Scrape off as much as you can with something that won't damage your stove like a teflon scraper. Then use hot, hot water and a cloth with texture to scrub off the film and other bits left behind. Goo Gone is a cleaning product that also dissolves wax. Good Luck!

Take a brown paper bag and iron it over the wax. The wax will stick to the bag and lift off. This also works with clothes.

By christine lauderback (Guest Post)

Try using a blow dryer on high. It should melt right off.Then just wipe off wax.Hope this helps.

I was told along time ago to melt bar soap,like Ivory and CAREFULLY pour it over the stuff you want to clean off the stove. Let sit and when it cools/hardens just a bit peel it off. The wax should peel off with it. Good Luck. GG Vi