Removing Corns From Feet

I have really sore feet, despite using creams twice a day. I just wondered if anyone has any self help ideas? It's mainly painful corns in between my toes. I've used foam to stop the pain but I'd like to cure them. It's a hard place to get at!

I also have splitting heels, which I clear up but they always come back. I used those foot softening booties with fluid in and they actually caused my heels to split! To top it all, I have what looks like a mini volcano on the outside of a big toe and it's really painful, so I can't file it off! Thanks in advance!

Answers

Best Answer

Corns can be very painful, and are usually caused by tight shoes, especially heels. If overweight, diabetic or have an overactive thyroid, these health problems can contribute. Cracked heels can get infected if left to get deeper and deeper. There are many self-help solutions about soaking your feet and then using a file or pumice stone to remove the softened corns and dead skin build-up. You can also try applying Vaseline to your feet at night and wear some comfy socks to bed, then apply a good moisturizing foot cream several times a day, every day. You have to be diligent about the soak, scrub, moisturize routine. Nobody should have to go through life with sore feet, as it generally makes your whole body feel "OFF". If the self-help methods don't help, you should see a podiatrist. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Best Answer

I don't normally promote products that are from a multi level marketing company. The only exception I have is that the Watkins petrocarb is the best for the cracked heels. It really heals (DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE AN INFECTION). Besides getting it from a Watkins person (I don't know any personally so this is not an endorsement), you used to be able to get it at Target. Since I haven't been a Target during COVID, I don't know if they still carry it.

For the corn pain, if you could stand it, reflexology or a massage therapist trained in myofascial cranial release may be able to help. Sending healing wishes and prayers!

Answer this Question

5 More Questions

I'm on my feet 8 hours a day and they're very painful, in between the ball of my feet and the heel. I have lumps of round hard skin a bit like a corn with what looks like a small lump in the center.

I've used Bazuka that gets rid of the hard skin, but the center bit is still there. I just can't get that out. It just keeps coming back. Please can you help? It's on both feet.

By Joan from Liverpool

Answers

This is going to sound strange, but one thing you can do is to soak your feet every few days in a dishpan of hot soapy water for half an hour & also every time you take a bath or shower at the end, when your skin is soft & waterlogged, take your fingernails & scrape off the top layer of dead skin cells (you will be surprised how much comes off!). If you do this often & buy shoes that have lots of room & fit well, your corns will can away. You can also take an emery board to file the area when the skin is hard & dry on the days you don't soak your feet. Buy a pack of 30 emery boards at a dollar store & use a new one every time.

To remove that center, you may have to use a wart remover. They use Salicylic Acid to kill the skin cells so it eventually comes off. This may take several weeks.

This is going to sound strange too, but when I get them on my feet. I use Ponds Cold Cream, the original. I think it has green lettering. I slather it on the corn and keep adding more and working it in and eventually the center 'eye' becomes loose and I can pull it out. the skin on the outside of the corn comes off too. this is an overnight treatment. I don't know why ponds works, but it does, but it has to be ponds.

Forgot one thing; when the balls of my feet hurt I use one of those foot scrapers that look like a cheese grater. not the pedileg thing or what ever it's name is. Soak your feet in warm water with soap in it for as long as you can. dry your feet completely. Then take this cheese grater thing and scrub the balls of your feet. the dead skin will come off, callouses and you'll feet better soon.

This is gonna sound crazy, but soak your feet every few days in a dishpan full of hot water and meat tenderizer. (use plain un-seasoned tenderizer)

This will help the layers of dead skin become soft. You can remove a layer of this skin at a time by rubbing it off. Use a rough washcloth to do this. Don't rub too hard, or rub down to the "pink" skin which will cause the skin to be sore, and cause more problems.

After drying your feet, while they are still nice and warm, slather on lots of Crisco shortening, and put on white socks, and wear them to bed. You'll be so surprised the next day.

It will take several times of soaking to remove all of this dead skin that has built up over a while. Even diabetics are able to remove dead skin, corns, and callouses this way.

It sounds like you might have plantar warts and for those you should go to a podiatrist.

I'm with Maryeileen. My sister had Plantar warts, and my daughters and I have had them also. To my knowledge, only surgery gets these out.

i had very dry feet,corns, callous, toe fungus i do not care to wear shoes ,very,much which i know is not good tried many otc thing,little of no help , the thing that work for me, i soak ,my feet in the foot basin,with 1/4 cup of baking soda or 1/4 cup Epsom salt for 15-20 minutes, remove from water pat dry use a pumice stone, to remove the skin of the corns , callous, rub much vapor rub, for the toe fungus,i cut all of the fungus nail off and rub vapor,in the corner and over fungus toes really good ( use generic vapor rub)
i get my from 99C or dollar tree,leave on the feet, put a plastic bag on each foot, and put socks over the plastic overnight ( or 20-30 min, doing the day) ,remove plastic and sock rinse your feet or just wipe the vapor rub off. if you, desire I did this 3 days in a roll , all things was clear up about 95% including toe fungus, feet was and is summer pretty and smooth

actually i had planters wart and the moment i started buying and using coconut oil it's gone and it was there for like over a year and only thing that worked i thought i would have to get it surgery removed but luck raw extra virgin coconut oil did the trick

When I was a kid, I had planter warts on my feet. No surgery needed! I was raised by my grandparents and they knew exactly what to do. I had to put potato peelings in my socks every day. Eventually, they pulled right out with a tweezers... some just fell out.

It happened with me last month and it is still going on.But past 2 weeks i applied a formula.Just go to medical shop and ask him for corn cap tape. Apply it as prescribed on the package.After applying 2 tapes.Use ponds cream (original) at night before sleeping.

Answer this Question

How can I remove corns from my feet without surgery?

By violet from Philadephia, PA

Answers

There are some Dr. Scholl's corn removal products for sale in drugstores. They do work but are not quick so you must be patient in using them.

Honest to goodness, I've heard that real Duct tape works for warts and corns!

Anonymous

I have hard corns on my toes just the two middle toes. I hate it my feet are very pretty but not with them two corns.

Use apple cider vinegar. Dip cotton ball in it, then ducktape to foot for overnight.

What is the best way to remove a very hard corn at the tip (just beyond the toenail) of a toe? My toe often hurts due to the corn.

By Loisanne

Answers

Hi! I have never personally experienced this, but when I read your question, I was reminded of this site I recently came across:

www.versatilevinegar.org/usesandtips.html

If you scroll down to the "Health" section, you will see how to treat toenail fungus and warts with a vinegar solution. So far, everything I have tried from this site has worked! I took about a 30 minute bath with a cup of white vinegar added to it and I have never been so exfoliated in my whole life, which is why I'm guessing this works for these other things as well - the acid is mild enough to use on your body, but effective enough to remove some nasty ailments. This is only my 2nd post on this site and they both have vinegar in the answer! I have a feeling that will be pretty standard for me! I know I'm keeping vinegar on hand all the time now, and discovering new uses every day! Anyway, I hope this helps, and good luck!

Go to a foot doctor (podiatrist)! He/she can remove it safely...especially if you are diabetic. Don't mess around with "remedies".

I disagree with LeeAnn but Only if you're not diabetic. I seldom ever go to the doctor and always try home remedies first. I they weren't safe I'd think Dr. Oz and The Doctors would not be promoting them. I'm a senior citizen and take no prescriptions drugs of any kind. Nearly every prescription drug I've ever taken I've had drug reactions, some minor and one that sent me to the ER. Do an online search like DukeTheDoctor.com.

Anonymous

Hi been to podiatrist three times £120 later still got the corn and I am diabetic so I'm will try other options

Answer this Question

I need something or a home remedy to remove corns on my feet. I have one on my little toe that I can't get rid of.

How do you remove corns from toes? What is the quickest way without surgery?

Health & Beauty AdviceFebruary 12, 2013
👒
🐛
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Corns-From-Feet.html