Removing Diesel Fuel Smell from Clothing

I need to clean some clothes that have some diesel fuel on them. Thanks.

By Bill Monks from Flat River Desloge

Best Answer

I soaked jeans that diesel had spilled on in a bucket with Downy fabric softer for 2 hrs, and then washed normally and the smell was gone.

Anonymous
Best Answer

1 cup of Simple Green along with detergent and wash in hot or warm water. I found this recipe for getting gasoline and motor grease out of clothes, and it works! 

Best Answer

My husband has worked on aircraft fuel tanks for years. He comes home reeking of the JP-8 jet fuel that he gets exposed to. I'm extremely allergic to any kind of scented products so I had to find a way to remove the smell from his clothes without using more chemicals. Get ready, it's the simplest thing and it always works.

I put everything he wears including underwear and socks that reek of jet fuel in the sun! Sometimes it can take from a few days to a week, but it always works. The sun's rays just bake the smell out. Make sure you get all areas exposed to the sun and turn inside out as well.

Best Answer

I used to use pinesol in the wash to remove diesel.

Anonymous
Best Answer

The generic answer is, you need a degreaser agent that is safe on clothes. My favorite is a product called Greased Lightning, it works well, is safe on clothes, and smells decent, sold at Home Depot.

THE THING THAT WORKS BEST IS WASH AS USUAL AND PUT WHITE VINEGAR IN THE RINSE CYCLE, IT WORKS, HAVE USED IT FOR YEARS FOR ALL KINDS OF ODORS EVEN DOG URINE.... TRUST ME