Removing Dye Transfers on Clothing?

Removing Dye Transfers on Clothing - light orange stains on yellow hoodieToday when I was on my way to school with my bike it started raining. My jacket which is orange on the inside bled onto my neon yellow hoodie. I was wondering how do I get the orange colour off.

Thanks.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

You can try the RIT Color Grabber.

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

You can try several different ways but many DIY sites recommend using color safe bleach (NOT chlorine bleach) and let it soak and then wash and sometimes this will work.

www.hunker.com/.../how-to-remove-color-bleeding-in-laundry

But you can also try a product called 'Color Run Remover' that usually always works. This can be found in most stores - Walmart, Target, etc. - or online.

Some people recommend using Color Grabber but that is only for using in your laundry to keep the problem from happening and will not work on color run.

www.amazon.com/.../B00V4EVZEQ (Affiliate Link)

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts

I would use a color safe bleach and soak the jacket in this. Before I do this one I would also suggest that your get the product from Ritz to remove color. This one works really well.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

Is your hoodie cotton?

You have the best chance of success if it is cotton by just soaking it in a bucket with 1 cup of baking soda, 2 cups vinegar, 1 tablespoon of plain blue dawn dish soap and a 1/2 cap of Tide and enough warm water to cover the hoodie.

SWISH to get it mixed in well. Soak for an hour or so, check for the progress and repeat until it all comes out. Once the stains are gone, you can run it through a regular load.

While you are going through this process. DO NOT dry the hoodie the dryer. The dryer will set the stains.

if the hoodie is a blend and if it has any rayon in it, removing the color is going to be almost impossible. You can try the cocktail above, but it is very challenging to remove colors from blended fabrics.

Post back with an update!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 12, 2019
👔
🎆
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Dye-Transfers-on-Clothing.html