Removing Items Stuck to Freezer Shelf

Category Appliances
On occasion food items and plastic bags of food can get stuck to a freezer shelf. Two good ways to try and remove them are using a blow dryer or very warm water.

I just found a popsicle frozen to the top freezer shelf. It must have happened when the electricity went off for 5 hours, 6 months ago. Anyway, it's an expensive freezer and I already tried prying it off with a fork. It's rock solid! Any magical ideas (LOL)?

Answers

You can try using a blow dryer to melt it off.

You might want to try using a blow dryer. Just direct the heat toward the popsicle for a few seconds and it should melt enough for you to remove it. Good Luck!

Warm/hot cloth

I have Ziploc bags full of veggie puree frozen to my freezers door shelf. I tried a flexible spatula, no go. Help! This particular shelf cannot be removed and is solid plastic. The bags must have been wet when I packed them in there so snugly.

Shelly from Portland, OR

Answers

Gently heat with a hair dryer? Or maybe try warm water.

I would try hot tap water. A bit messy but you could pour it behind the bags of puree and that should melt the ice on the bottom.

Try mixing salt and hot water in a spray bottle, shake, and spray where the bag is frozen. Be sure to clean the saline solution off the fridge and baggie afterwards.

I'd try a hair dryer. It works on car doors frozen shut.

By Cyndy (Guest Post)

Why don't you put a rag in boiling/hot water and place it on bag near where it's stuck? Or pour hot water to separate and dry the area after.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 8, 2020
🐛
🎆
🌻
😷
😎