AdviceCleaning

Removing Food Stuck to Freezer Shelf

I just found a popsicle frozen to the top freezer shelf. It must have happened when the electricity went off for 5 hours, 6 months ago. Anyway, it's an expensive freezer and I already tried prying it off with a fork. It's rock solid! Any magical ideas (LOL)?

You can try using a blow dryer to melt it off.

You might want to try using a blow dryer. Just direct the heat toward the popsicle for a few seconds and it should melt enough for you to remove it. Good Luck!

Warm/hot cloth

Take a warm, not hot, nubby dish rag or towel with a drop of dish detergent squished in. Let it sit on the spot for a few minutes and the popsicle should affix to the cloth, then gently peel off. It is probably going to stain, so check with your freezer manual for what you can use to remove the dye stain.

I like vinegar and baking soda paste, but some manufacturers frown on that. Since freezeres are expensive, I listen to the company recommendation so I don't do any damage. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I would lay a wash cloth that had been soaked in hot water over the popsicle , leave it on for several minutes and then just pick the popsicle up in the wash cloth.

Hair drier keep paper towels handy to clean up the melt. If it stains, try a little bleach.