AdviceCleaning

Removing Labels from Prescription Bottless

I have a huge garbage bag of prescription bottles that I need to remove the labels. Is there a fast way to remove labels when there is a high quantity?

Best Answer

For onsies twosies, I use my thumb nail and start at the corner and they usually peel off easily from the orange bottles. From the orange or white bottles (which are always stickier) my late dad used to use wd40...spray on a light mist on the label...be sure to do this outside in a shady, well ventilated spot, then let then sit for a few hours and then toss in a bucket of plain cold water and most would slide right off. He used a flat screw drive to get rid of any residue.

I have a huge garbage bag of bottles that I need to remove labels. Is there a fast and easy way to remove labels when there is such a large quantity?

Best Answer

I'd soak them in a huge tub of hot soapy water. Most of it will come off. If there's extra residue, rub a mixture of equal parts baking soda and melted coconut oil on them and it will come off.

www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Goo-Gone-2.html

Soaking labels off

Step 1
Fill bottle with hot water

Step 2
Soak for a few minutes

Step 3
Pour water out and labels should peel off.

I use "GOO GONE" for every thing I want to take a label off, it really works fast and easy. I use an old wash cloth to rub the label off and then just rinse the wash cloth out and re-use.