Removing Paint Stains from Fiberglass Tub

Category Stains

Despite your best efforts, sometimes paint spatters. This is a guide about removing paint stains from a fiberglass tub.

I had my place painted by a friend last week and he left the brushes and rollers in the tub. Now there is paint all over the tub which is fiberglass. I had soaked the whole tub with hot water thinking the latex paint will dissolve. No such luck. So the paint must have been semi-gloss. Someone told me to use paint thinner but that could damage the tub.

Help, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks,
Michael from Port Aransas, TX

I just painted my house and got flat paint & semi gloss on my sink and some dishes in the sink. I used a plastic mesh scrubbber to remove the paint and some of it I peeled of with my fingers. We also got paint on our windows and used a razor to peel if off. Hope this helps.

I used to work at a factory that made rv's. We used acetone to clean them and it didn't damage the fiberglass. Maybe that would work. Good luck

We used Simple Green concentrate. It works like a charm and does not damage the tub finish.

We painted our bathroom and paint accidentally got into our fiberglass tub. I have tried everything, can you help me find the right solution to clean it?

By Lisa L.

I couldn't tell by your post if it stained the tub or you're just unable to desolve it with cleaners you've tried. You can try a razor blade if it's droplets that aren't coming up with chemicals. Make sure the razor is new and the angle is low so that you don't scratch the surface.