Removing Paint Stains from Fiberglass Tub

Category Stains

Despite your best efforts, sometimes paint spatters. This is a guide about removing paint stains from a fiberglass tub.

I had my place painted by a friend last week and he left the brushes and rollers in the tub. Now there is paint all over the tub which is fiberglass. I had soaked the whole tub with hot water thinking the latex paint will dissolve. No such luck. So the paint must have been semi-gloss. Someone told me to use paint thinner but that could damage the tub.

Help, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks,
Michael from Port Aransas, TX

Answers

By Amy (Guest Post)

I just painted my house and got flat paint & semi gloss on my sink and some dishes in the sink. I used a plastic mesh scrubbber to remove the paint and some of it I peeled of with my fingers. We also got paint on our windows and used a razor to peel if off. Hope this helps.

By Felicia (Guest Post)

I used to work at a factory that made rv's. We used acetone to clean them and it didn't damage the fiberglass. Maybe that would work. Good luck

By Cassie (Guest Post)

We used Simple Green concentrate. It works like a charm and does not damage the tub finish.

We painted our bathroom and paint accidentally got into our fiberglass tub. I have tried everything, can you help me find the right solution to clean it?

By Lisa L.

Answers

I couldn't tell by your post if it stained the tub or you're just unable to desolve it with cleaners you've tried. You can try a razor blade if it's droplets that aren't coming up with chemicals. Make sure the razor is new and the angle is low so that you don't scratch the surface.