Removing Soap Scum from a Dishwasher

Category Appliances
Removing the built up residue in your dishwasher from detergents can seem daunting. This is a guide about removing soap scum from a dishwasher.

How do I get rid of soap scum residue in my dishwasher. It is not even cleaning the dishes any longer and it leaves soap scum all over everything.

By wanda from Tampa, FL

Answers

First, you should check the drain trap at the bottom of the dishwasher. Then, using some white vinegar, scrub down all surfaces, including the baskets, etc, and the soap dispenser. Afterwards, do this at least every six months. I rehabbed a monster dishwasher doing this, and so far so good.

More info here: http://www.wiki  rom-a-Dishwasher

Dee

Our water softener went bad and the hard water made a mess of our new dishwasher and dishes before we realized the problem. We got the water softener repaired, then used the Finish dishwashing product that cleans dishwashers. It did a great job. Our dishwasher looks like new again. It is a one-time use product and is rather expensive, so look for a coupon. We were so happy to get this product since neither of us can stoop to clean the inside as suggested by Spacecadette.

You have got to use "Lemi-Shine" in your dish washer. This stuff works miracles with our hard water in Florida.

My dishes come out squeaky now and no film. You can buy it at Walmart and Publics by the dish washer detergent or the dish washer cleaner.

We were having this problem too. I switched to the hot water option on the washer and now our dishes look great! No added chemicals on my dishes, just hot water. Yay.