Removing Stains from a Composite Granite Sink

Category Bathroom
A woman wearing cleaning gloves.
Cleaning stone sinks often requires specific methods and products to prevent damage. This is a guide about removing stains from a composite granite sink.

I soaked an item in my granite composite sink, using Vanish for colours. Unfortunately it contains bleach. There is now a bleach mark all around the sink. Is there anything I can do to improve it?

By D.Wright from U.K.

Answer Was this helpful? 2

If the granite sink is stained, use a cleanser that is designed especially for granite. You can usually find them at home improvement or hardware stores. Don't use a harsh scrubbing cleanser on a granite sink. You'll scratch the finish and leave it looking dull. If scratches do appear, contact a professional to repair your sink's protective. Good luck.

I have used Magic Eraser on many difficult stains. In Canada they are made by Mr. Clean, but I have had equal success with the ones from the Dollar Store. You might try one of your Pound Shops for them. Good Luck

Hoorah! Thanks very much I used a Majic Eraser, and also went over it with Hob Brite (very carefully) and washed it off with lots of water. Hey presto no more bleach stains.

How do I remove a rust stain from granite composite sink?

Try Barkeepers Friend.

Please be careful what you try using and make sure it is safe for your sink as many cleaners will damage the surface.

I would suggest trying Magic Eraser (Dollar Tree generic) before anything else as it is safe for this type sink.

Here are a couple of links that have some very good suggestions on cleaning and also how to oil your sink to keep it clean.

http://homeguid  -sink-69499.html

http://whimsyga  -composite-sink/

What could stain a black Silgranit sink?

By Karplop from Calgary, AB

CARE OF YOUR SILGRANIT® SINK

General Care and Cleaning:

Daily cleaning may be done with any non-abrasive cleaner (i.e. BLANCOCLEAN Composite Sink Cleaner). After every use, rinse and wipe the sink dry with a clean, soft cloth to eliminate any water spots or soap film build-ups.

Removing Stains and Minor Scuff Marks:

Normal Stains ~ For stains, please use BLANCOCLEAN, along with a soft scouring pad.

Stubborn Stains ~ A solution of 50% bleach, 50% water should only be used for tough, stubborn stains. Let the solution sit in the bottom of the sink for one hour; then scrub. Rinse well. Also, the use of Bar Keepers Friend (directions included on bottle) will help remove stubborn stains. Finally, clean with BLANCOCLEAN to put a protective coating back on the sink's surface.

Luster:

BLANCOCLEAN can be used to help bring back the luster. Follow the directions on the bottle.

Miscellaneous:

To remove Calcium Deposits (a white ring around the bottom of your sink): use LIME AWAY

To remove Adhesive Labels: use Acetone (nail polish remover)

Note: Always test non-Blanco branded stain remover in a small, non-visible location

What not to use:

1) Do not use any abrasive cleaning agents or scrub pads, such as Steel Wool

2) Straight bleach

3) Commercial alkalis, such as ammonia and/or caustic solutions

4) Drain blocking chemicals that involve filling the sink with water

Good luck.

I have a black double sink in my kitchen. It is a composition granite material. The one sink is brand new looking and is the one we use the dish pan in. The other has a disposal unit, and that's the sink we dump all the kitchen waste in. There is some sort of stain or discoloration around the drain hole which I can't remove.

By Ron from Toms River, NJ