Removing Too Tight Rings

The best thing I have found to loosen or remove rings from swollen fingers due to salt or altitude is creamy hair conditioner. It works better than soap or lotion. Just squirt a bit around the ring area and twist a bit to get underneath and around your knuckles, and it will usually slide right off.

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Amazing-trick-remove-ring-stuck-finger...

This is pretty amazing, too.

I just apply spit. Works for me

I was dubious of these internet methods, but last night, it worked for me. I held my hand above my head for 10 minutes, or so. Occasionally dunking the ring finger in ice water--keeping the hand high. I tightly wrapped dental floss from the finger's tip down towards the ring. A few squirts of Windex and I easily rotated the ring off! The ice water causes vasoconstriction in the finger arterioles, the elevation causes fluids to drain away from the finger, the floss forces remaining fluids down past the ring--all reduce the diameter of the finger. The Windex worked surprisingly well as a lubricant. I've been trying soap & water for years without success. Pass this tip on!