Removing an Oil Stain on Crocheted White Lace Shoes?

I have a pair of white crocheted lace pumps that have a small oil spot on the back top of the heel. It is not large at all, but due to the color of the shoe I don't want to ruin the shoe. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how I may lift this stain without ruining these beautiful shoes. I also welcome home remedies which I have found to work excellently in other areas!

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Put baby powder or cornstarch on it. It will absorb the oil and you can brush it off

Thanks Judy

well, i for one don't really see the stain but just in case there is one one site recommends putting the baking soda on it, then putting another rag over that, and ironing on the rag so that the oil will transfer onto the rug.

here's more advice on cleaning lace

dengarden.com/.../How-to-Clean-Vintage-Lace

I believe any one of the "powder" products might work or at least reduce the stain - baking soda, baby powder, corn starch, even flour maybe.

• Try sprinkling one of these over the spot and gently wipe with a clean white cloth. Try it several times.
  • If that does not work satisfactorily then maybe try a magic eraser - use it damp and very gently rub across the spot.
  • If that doesn't completely remove it then try white-out (used for correcting typing errors) or there is white liquid eye liner that might work.
  • www.target.com/.../A-14790191?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID...

What many members reading this question will comment: what spot?
But - you know it is there and undoubtedly it bothers you so good luck with one of these suggestions.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing ShoesMay 9, 2018
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-an-Oil-Stain-on-Crocheted-White-Lace-Shoes.html