Renting a Car Without a Credit Card

In the past you would have been unable to rent a car without a credit card. Things have changed, although you may face additional requirements to rent without the card, it is often possible. This is a guide about renting a car without a credit card.

I am planning a vacation to Minneapolis, MN and I need to rent a car. Can I rent a car without a credit card?

By Rachelle from Denver, CO

Answers

Best Answer

Car rental agencies might accept a large cash deposit in lieu of a credit card. However, if you have a debit card, that can often double as a credit card. Check to see whether your debit card contains a Visa, Master Card, or other credit card logo. Just be sure there's cash enough in the account!

How to Rent a Car Without Credit
http://www.ehow … -car-credit.html

So glad for this website. Thank you for your help.

Anonymous

I am not sure if car rental companies still do this or not but I remember a couple of times long ago where they accepted a large cash deposit. When I returned the car the cash was used towards the rental and if money was due back to me it was paid back on the spot. Enjoy your vacation! :-)

Oh, and be sure to have your proof of insurance card with you and double check if your policy will cover possible damage to a rental car because if it does cover then you won't 'have' to pay the extra per day insurance charge.