BathroomHome

Repairing Acrylic Bathtub Finish

Category Bathroom

I used liquid soap (which is for the toilet bowl) to remove a small stain from my acrylic bathtub, and kept it on for awhile. After washing, I found the enamel came off on that portion leaving a blackish colour. It seems like the paint came off. The tub is new and now it looks very old because of that mark. The mark is on the non slip grip part, and unfortunately the mark is spreading everyday. How can I fix it? Please help. Thanks.

By Gulru

If it is the paint, clean it well to get all the soap off, then use one of the acrylic repair kids. You state "enamel, leaving it black" and that almost sounds like a porcelain tub as it is sprayed on over black cast iron. If it is that get a touch up porcelain paint.

There are professional reglazing companies