Repairing Bleach Marks on Navy Skirt?

My house cleaner dripped some diluted bleach on to my navy cotton skirt and now it has orange marks on it. Any ideas on how to get rid of them? dye? texta pen?

By Sandra

Try using a magic marker in a similar color to cover the spots.

I don't know if this will work for you or not, but I once spilled bleach on my black floor rug in my car on the way to do laundry. I took a black permanent marker and "colored" the orange spots. It covered very well. On a navy skirt I don't know if the colors would match close enough. If you get to the point that you are about to give up, you could try this method and see. Best of luck.

Anonymous

Considering that your skirt is already "ruined" by the bleach, I dont think it would hurt to try to re-dye the entire skirt. I would use Rit brand dye, which can be found in the laundry isle at walmart or in any craft store.

I do know that Sharpie Marker has faded over time on things we have at home, such as shirts signed by friends from camp. I hope you find a solution!

Home and Garden Repair ClothingOctober 13, 2012
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-Bleach-Marks-on-Navy-Skirt.html