Repairing a Broken Dish Drainer

Category Kitchen
Here is how to repair a broken dish drainer. The plastic silverware holder clips on the wire rack and tape can help keep it secure.

I bought a new dish drainer from Wal-mart and after washing the dishes, I noticed that part of the plastic hook on one of the silverware holders was broken. The hook has a lip on it which holds it on the wire drain rack. The hooks are fragile.

The drainer did not come with instructions on how to put the silverware holder on and I put both of them on by pressing them in place. That's not the way you do it. They slip on easily when tilted.

When I noticed the broken hook, I put my thinking cap on and came up with a solution on how to fix it. It worked and with it being a fragile piece of the silverware holder, I decided to stabilize the hooks on both holders so they won't break.

I used freezer tape, however, black electrical tape (my husband's suggestion) might work just as well and it would look better on my black holders. I'll get some and give it a try when I remove the holders and wash them which won't be any time soon.

• freezer tape

1. Tilt the silverware holder and slip it off the dish drainer.
  2. Advertisement

3. Pull off approximately 2 inches of freezer tape. Wrap one end of the tape around the wire a couple of times in the place where the hook fits onto the drainer.
  4. While holding the tape in one hand, use the other hand to place the holder on the dish drainer. Hold it in place while bringing the tape up and pulling it tightly over the hook part of the holder.
  5. Press the tape to the inside of the tray.
  6. Advertisement

7. To keep all of the hooks from breaking, place trays on the dish drainer to see where you need to put the tape. Put tape over all of the hooks using the same method as above.
  8. The tape will keep the holders stable and and protect the hooks from breaking easily.
  9. To wash the trays, remove the tape and just tape it back using fresh tape when the holders are dry. Freezer tape should hold up well for this repair.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Repair Home KitchenMarch 4, 2020
🐛
🌻
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Broken-Dish-Drainer-1.html