FurnitureRepair

Repairing a Bubble in Desk Top Veneer

I have an old desk. It's called an Army Tanker desk. It's a very nice old heavy desk, but part of the top (not sure if it's a veneer of some kind, it's "wood-look", but it's not wood) has come apart/pulled away from the desk top. Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's like a bubble right in the middle.

Sounds like the veneer separated. There are websites like this one with how to fix, but I have had no luck getting it right. They make it sound easy, but there are too many variables.

If the desk is of value, I would suggest have a professional refinisher look at it.

Be sure to get references before okaying the work.

If you want to look a how to site here's one: home.howstuffworks.com/.../how-to-repair-wooden-furniture-veneer...

Post back what you decide and hopefully a lovely finish to the repair!!

You will have to scrape off all the peeling veneer. Depending on how big the damaged spot is and its location will determine whether you can just fix this spot or whether you will have to refinish the entire top.

I got a pup, he's all white with a little black eye liner around one eye. He has black lipstick on, and a couple of really light gray spots on one ear and right above his tail. They are so light can't really see them unless looking for them. His hair is so thin that you see the pink skin through the fur. It is super soft, but only one layer of hair for sure. He is 16 weeks old and weighs 29.9 pounds. He will only play/fight with big dogs, he doesn't mess with anything his size. He has a growl that sounds like a tiger. What is he? Is he a Dogo or a Pit Bull?

Answers

AWWW!!! I just want to hug that sweet face!!!

I have never met a DOGO, but I found a photo and yours looks like it has a lot of those markings:

en.wikipedia.org/.../Dogo_Argentino

Perhaps he is a mix!

At that age it is time to establish a good relationship with a vet so get his or her take on the breed!! Ours is awesome at breed ID. She looks at hips, teeth, bones, etc. and gives usually spot on guesstimates!!

Wishing you and the pup a long and happy life together!! Thanks for sharing the photos!

He looks like he is part pitbull. You can do a DNA test to find out for sure.

Adorable! I'd say a bull terrier pit!

Well the vet seems to say Dogo also.. I went today and had shots, etc. done. At age 17wks he's already 36 pounds plus his height and length is 17in long and 14in high so he will be over the size for a Pit in weight and size. Plus most white Pits aren't breed for this color and the ones that are white are 90% of them either are blind or deaf and he's neither Thank God..

Plus his shape of ears are pointing more towards Dogo then Pit he says also.. So without a DNA done he marked him as Dogo.. Thank you all for your responses and once I do a DNA (if I can afford it :) ) I will post the results..