FloorsHome

Repairing a Floor

I have to repair my living room floor. I bought some planks from a bargain warehouse. When I got it home I noticed that it was different in the fitting and some of it was a different style. I have to have this floor fixed tonight. I don't have anymore money. What can I do?

You might be able to saw down the planks so they do fit and stain the whole floor so it matches.

What a dilemma!
Can you return the planks or trade for ones that fit? Style may not be as big a problem as fit; especially as this seems to be an emergency job.
How large an area are you trying to repair?

Someone could probably give you better suggestions if you could add some pictures to your post.
Adding pictures is easy - go to your post and find instructions.
Pictures will show someone exactly what you are trying to do as 'planks' does not give a complete picture of your problem.

Also, please comment if you have access to tools and if you can do measuring and cutting yourself.