Repairing a Floor

Whether you have carpet, vinyl or hardwood flooring, it can be challenging to repair. Often, replacing is needed in order to fully fix the damage.

I have to repair my living room floor. I bought some planks from a bargain warehouse. When I got it home I noticed that it was different in the fitting and some of it was a different style.

I have to have this floor fixed tonight. I don't have anymore money. What can I do?

Answers

Best Answer

You might be able to saw down the planks so they do fit and stain the whole floor so it matches.

Best Answer

What a dilemma!
Can you return the planks or trade for ones that fit? Style may not be as big a problem as fit; especially as this seems to be an emergency job.
How large an area are you trying to repair?

Someone could probably give you better suggestions if you could add some pictures to your post.
Adding pictures is easy - go to your post and find instructions.
Pictures will show someone exactly what you are trying to do as 'planks' does not give a complete picture of your problem.

Also, please comment if you have access to tools and if you can do measuring and cutting yourself.

Answer this Question

This is a page about repairing a sagging floor. Older homes in particular may suffer from sagging floors. This kind of repair can be costly. While not a job for a novice do-it-yourselfer, some home owners may have the ability to undertake this job.

level and tape measure

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about repairing uneven tile floor. Uneven floor tiles not only look bad, but they can be a trip hazard, especially if they are ceramic tiles.

Old brown tile

This is a page about repairing water damage on an engineered hardwood floor. Unlike solid hardwood flooring, engineered hardwood has a veneer of hardwood over a backing of another material. Repair to this flooring will depend on the type and extent of the damage.

Engineered Hardwood Floor

This page is about repairing water damage on a hard wood floor. There may be ways to restore a solid wood floor, but some laminates may have to be replaced.

Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Floor

This is a page about fixing a squeaky floor. Is there a place in your home that squeaks every time you walk over that spot? In this page you will learn how to fix these annoying sounds and once again have a quiet floor to walk on.

Fixing a Squeaky Floor, Feet on Squeaky Floor

Home and Garden Repair Home FloorsOctober 16, 2020
🍂
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Floor-1.html