Repairing a Gas Grill

Category Miscellaneous
When your indoor or outdoor gas grill is not working properly, it may need some maintenance. This is a guide about repairing a gas grill.

When cooking on a gas grill, if the flame isn't as high as you think it should be, use the wooden end of a wire brush and tap the regulator, in case you have dirt or grease in the line. This may solve the problem of the low flame and keep you from having to purchase a new regulator.

Source: my husband.

By Terri from NV

Tired of food sticking to your BBQ grill? Try this. Heat your grill on high and let it get hot. Use a 2 inch brush and small dipping bowl with about 1/4 inch veg oil. Dab brush in veg oil, get excess off by using the edge of the bowl and wipe along the grate as if painting. It may get hot getting the back edge.

Now you're ready to grill. Do not clean after cooking. The next time you grill, heat up the grate and use a wire grill brush after it is hot. The old stuff will come off easy and redo the brush and oil thing before grilling. The more you do this the more your grill will be conditioned. BTW, I never clean the wire brush. The oil starts to gather on it, helping with the conditioning of the grill.

Source: Discovered this on my own.

Videos

I created this video blog on how to fix a BBQ grill. I found this grill on the side of the road and it looked nice enough to be fixed. I use it for camping now. Nice grill. Hope it helps!