Repairing a Memory Craft 6000?

After sitting for 9 months, my Memory Craft 6000 will not start. The light over the needle is on, so I know it has power. I would have to assume it's the motherboard? Is it cheaper to repair or buy a new machine?

Repair techs usually say to always first check the fuses if you're dealing with a computerized machine so maybe you can find the fuse box and take a look.
www.thriftyfun.com/Janome-Memory-Craft-6000-Keeps-Blowing...
www.fixya.com/.../t2570952-fuse_janome_memory_craft
sewingmachinenut.blogspot.com/.../new-home-janome-memory-craft-6000...

I would say to consult with real sewing machine people when you are dealing with this type of machine before you decide to dump it as many things can be repaired if you find the right person to ask.

There are several very good sewing machine forums that will probably be able to help as these are machine people and they usually love to help solve problems. These members know which questions to ask to get to the 'root' of the problem and they provide instructions in 'simple' language.
You may have to join the site before asking question and occasionally may ask for pictures.
www.quiltingboard.com/.../
sewing.patternreview.com/.../board.pl
vintagesewingmachinesblog.wordpress.../.../

The following links are just information about the machine:

www.fiddlebase.com/.../

Anonymous

Thank you. I will look in my manual to see if I can locate the fuse.

Anonymous

I will check these out.
Thank you.

Here is a link to a free manual.
www.janome.com/.../

Occasionally someone from Janome support will answer a support ticket but do not always answer question about how to fix something and usually send a note with addresses of Janome dealers/repair shops in your area but here is their link if you wish to try.
www.janome.com/.../

Before taking this into the repair shop I would look in your manual or even call the company to get some help with the machine. A lot of time a fuse has blown on the machine and it isn't the memory board at all. A lot of times this is so easy to fix and it might not even be the fuse.

Check the bobbin winder and make sure it is pushed all the way to the right first. Now check to see if you have selected a pattern stitch and pick the length and width of the stitch. Then make sure your buttonhole is disengaged. If this isn't the issue check the fuses.

All suggestions under "Trouble Shooting" have been completed and machine still does not power on. Fuse is next. Thank you

I would contact Janome directly at their website.

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesNovember 22, 2020
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Memory-Craft-6000.html