Repairing a Shower Faucet?

0
Share
1
Save
Follow
Print

Repairing a Shower Faucet - old and newI've been trying to fix my shower faucet, but have been having problems. I had to replace the stems/seat because they are very old and leaky. I ordered a new set online as I am disabled and don't have a car to drive to a hardware store. Once I tried to install it it did not fit. The new seat and stems are too wide and don't fit. I ordered a new one and had the same problem. I unfortunately didn't know there were different sizes. I attached pictures of my old and a new one to see size difference.

If anyone could help me figure out which faucet kit I would need to order I would love you. All the steam kits I see online look so different than mine does. I am low income and disable so I can't afford to continue to buy them blindly, but it was leaking too bad and I can't afford a plumber.

Repairing a Shower Faucet

Repairing a Shower Faucet

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts

You will need to measure the stems on the old ones and order this size. You can return the ones you have ordered. If there are some issues ask the company you are ordering them from what are the different sizes they sell and how you can measure these so you can order the correct size for your shower.

They are always willing to help and maybe they have an online scale that you can use to place yours on to see the size of the stem you are ordering.

Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingFebruary 22, 2020
🌻
😎
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Shower-Faucet.html