Repairing a Smith Corona Electric Typewriter?

The enter/return and backspace keys on my Smith Corona DeVille 110 electric typewriter don't work. I'm not sure if it's mechanical with the keyboard, or if it's the ribbon cable attaching the keyboard to the memory, etc. It's just a problem, and it means I can't fully use my keyboard.

Best Answer

There are many YouTube videos on the subject here. www.google.com/search?q=Repairing+a+Smith+Corona...

It is hard to find someone to repair typewriters these days, so hopefully you will be able to do it yourself.

Best Answer

If the YouTube video doesn't help and you decide to get it serviced, this website has repair places around the world:

site.xavier.edu/.../tw-repair.html

There is a resurgence of typewriters being used again (YAY!!! I love typewriters) with artists who junk journal and even some writers, so hopefully you will have a place nearby!

Post back with an update!

Repairing one of these typewriters isn't that hard if you understand how to take them apart and put them back together. Here is a great website that will teach you how to repair your own typewritter. I love this site because they expalin how all the parts work. I normally find these types of sites easier to use and repair things with then YouTube videos where people spend hours talking and they don't have a lot to say.

Home and Garden Repair OfficeNovember 1, 2019
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Smith-Corona-Electric-Typewriter-2.html