Repairing a Wall Heater

Category Electrical

My father's house has a wall heater and chandelier on the same circuit. I came over and I heard a sound, like bacon on the stove, coming from the wall heater. I don't know year or model, but it looks older than 30 years. I shut off the breaker to the circuit, but don't know what to do next? I am a second year electrical student.

By Mark J.

If you are an electrical student, you should have access to electricians who can advise you. I haven't seen any on this site (we give advice on drape colour and how to remove stains from the carpet!) Talk to the professionals at your school about this problem. If they think you can handle it, they will explain how to make the repair. If not, call a jouneyman electrician to do the work (and then watch him do the job, so you learn!)