OtherRepair

Repairing a Wind Chime

I have a a beautiful shell wind chime I got from an Asian store. Today it broke due to heavy winds. I want to repair it, but have no idea what type of string I should use. I want it to withstand heavy winds. Can you help me?

Have you tried Plastic Twist Tie Spool or Baling Twine?

Use dental floss.

My son used archery string that will carry up to 100 pounds (but we had that on hand). Fishing line can be used as you can buy it in different strengths.
Also, you can use most any heavy duty, water resistant string or cord, such as nylon material. This type of string/cord can usually be found in hardware/fishing/sporting goods departments at Wal-Mart type stores or even auto parts stores.

Anonymous

Fishing line--the one that is rated for heavy fish *think sharks*. It is clear, so doesn't stand out, and nylon, so it wont rot from rains or wind.

After you make the knot, put a drop of clear finger nail polish on it. That will seal the knot so it doesn't come undone.