Repelling Outdoor Cats from My Yard

I have 2 indoor cats. Can I use their poop and pee to ward off the many outdoor cats from my yard? I would scatter their waste on the boundary of my property; I have a good supply:)

By BC

Best Answer

I would also suggest the citrus peels. Oranges or grapefruits I think work just as well; do not use toxic things like mothballs, as that is even more horrible than outdoor cats. Are these cats bothering you or your cats or both? Are they spraying their scent around? If your cats are indoors all the time, you have a few more choices. I used a lemon scented Mr. Clean splashed over the places the stray cats were spraying, and that covered the smell and seemed to deter them. If your cats don't go outside, or you keep them in your yard, you might also try a cat repellant that you can buy in places like Walmart. There are different kinds. Might work.

That might just attract them. Cats hate lemon. I would dry some peels and just scatter them around the yard. They are cheap, and you can use the juice for summer Lemonade. Win Win!

Check with your city ordinance. This may be on their list of don'ts. People can't leave dog poop on their yards, health hazard according to public health. And a dog kennel filled will also get you a police visit AND a humane society visit due to the poop standing.

I was with the humane society for several years and with intake, many calls about the poop. Esp if in yards where children could be walking or playing.