Replacement Parts for a Microwave

Sometimes you can save money and reduce waste by repairing small appliances rather than buying a new one. This is a guide about replacement parts for a microwave.

I am looking for an on switch or panel for a Quasar microwave model MQ7720TW. The on switch will not turn on, it only makes a slight click. Would it be worth it to replace?

By Jimbo S from Brownsville, TX

Answers

I am a firm believer in fixing things rather than throwing them out, but the only microwave I ever had repaired was one we purchased back in 1976, and was still on warranty. Nowadays microwaves are so inexpensive (you can get small ones for $60, and larger ones for $100) that I doubt that it is worth the effort and time. If this is something that you know something about, and can find replacement parts, you might be okay to do the repair. Otherwise, I would toss it, and get a new one. Look for things on sale - there should be good sales coming up.

I am not sure if anyone can help, however it is worth trying. I am looking for the touch pad of a control panel for an old Amana microwave range, model RS 571 B. Does anyone know where I might find one? Thanks.

By GEO from Cairo, Egypt

Answers

I would check with a local appliance store, especially one that sells new and does repairs. We have one in our area that disposes of old appliance when installing new but they take usable parts off the old ones before getting rid of them. They have a large collection of miscellaneous parts that you can look through and buy for cheap or sometimes they even give them away.

My Quasar microwave needs a touch pad. Can anyone help me find a place that sells them?

By Carol from Jamaica